- The Soccer/Hockey mom turned Madam. (Whaaaaat?)
- The college student leveling lethal online threats to the entire campus. Now the student says something like, “Oops. I didn’t mean it.” (Really?)
- The middle school teacher allegedly having sex with a 16-year-old student. (OMG!)
- The Frenchman deciding to have a little fun with a hotel maid—whether or not she wanted it. (Say-what-naaw?)
- Parents forgetting their children in too hot/cold cars. (The punishment is the unthinkable loss.)
- The elected officials accruing and/or flushing bribe checks down the toilet and elsewhere. (Huh!)
- The elected officials spreading erroneous flyers about voting requirements to affect the election outcome. (My lips are poked out!)
- Overzealous parents shining lights in the eyes of the opposing players during their children’s sporting games (Whoa!)
- Overzealous parents taking a chunk out of the ear of an opposing team coach. Or plotting to kill (I mean really kill) the competition. (Get-a-grip, a real grip!)
- Elected official driving over 100 miles on the Beltway because they were late for a meeting. (I’m late all the time, and alive.)
- Elected officials using donations earmarked for youth programs. (What the H…!)
I could go on and on, but I’ll stop right there. Of course, I consider these examples serious and scary, and I’m not judging (‘cause that’s really scary, and dangerous).
I’m just sayin’ don’t get so uppity about going to jail/prison, just slow your roll, think stuff over. Anger, hurt, misunderstandings—out-of-control, and snap emotional decisions can land you in strange consequences. And remember—there, but for the grace of God; go I. Sadly, I’ve been there, too, and I was given grace. Whew! (I’m still living and learning.)
If you think you’re slick, why don’t you get slick enough to use your slickness for good, not evil. The ultimate return is much greater. Together, let us live to change a heart and a mindset for the good of mankind, from the inside out. That’s my goal.